small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Wonderland











First of all, i want to thank all of you that have posted for such a warm welcome to blogland. Your kind words have warmed my heart on this cold, cold, day! Thanks to the wonderful, kind Lori Karla for introducing me on her blog. As most of you know she is a very special gal and i am thrilled to count myself as one of her friends.




One thing that Lori and I share is that we are both NorthEast Ohioans. Which means we are in the part of the state that Mother Nature likes to have fun with! She sends us much lake effect snow from Lake Erie, in fact she was so kind as to drop of 7 inches on Sat and plans more for us today. Along the way she decided to throw us into the deep freeze that is hitting some of the country. Today is the warmest of the next few days at a whopping 6 degrees. Above is a pretty view of the snow from my back patio, sure is pretty to look at but no fun to drive in or shovel!


Also shown is my interpretation of a winter wonderland. Can you imagine wearing a hat like that on a cold snowy day! Stay warm wherever you are.

8 comments:

Lori said...

thank you Cheryl...i am so glad some of my friends came over to welcome you to Blogland...i really hope you like it here...it was 3 degrees here this morning when the boys went out for the bus...Jordan kept saying " i can't beLIEVE they are making us to to school when it is this cold!!!" i hope you are staying warm today:)

Unknown said...

Hello! I saw your blog through Lori and had to pop by! Welcome to blog land! I just love your crreations!

Sandy

Tina said...

Saw your blog through Lori. Just wanted to pop over a let you know I just love your creations.
Tina

Secondhandrose said...

Hi, along with you and Lori, I am a NE Ohioan too! I love your work and welcome to blogging. Come for a visit.
karen

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

I read on Lori's blog about yours, so here I am! OMG... you're art is stunning!!!! Love it to pieces!
Greetings from the Netherlands!

Jamie said...

Cheryl, I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you have a blog! Your art has always been a great inspiration to me. The newest pieces you have shared are WONDERFUL! Love, Jamie

RosesRadishesandRubbish said...

Cheryl, the piece is beautiful... just LOVE that poem. Of course I want every piece I see!:) We finally got some snow today but not quite as much as you. Hugs, Amy

said...

Your winter wonderland is SO much more appealing than the real thing! Just beautiful.