small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my inspirations




Everyday i am inspired by my creative children. My daughter Callie who is 20 is an wonderful artist. No matter what medium she creates with ,her work never ceases to amaze me. I wish i had her talent! She is also a creative writer and even as a child her stories were so grown up, it was hard to believe that she had such an imagination. Now that she is a newlywed and starting out with a new career she does not have as much time to devote to her art but hopefully she will one day get back to creating,


My son Wyatt also inspires me. He is my buddy that i drag along to flea markets, antique shops and art supply stores, I don't know how much longer that will last now that he is 13 but I enjoy every minute we spend together and all his suggestions about what would work with my art. Along the way he is also inspired to create which i think is so important for children. I was informed though that now that he is 13 he is no longer a child but they will both always be my babies!


Can you tell I am a proud mama!!!

14 comments:

Theresa said...

It's so great that both of your children have taken interest in what you do and that they too are creative.

Hugs,

Theresa

Nancy said...

Cheryl
So happy to hear you have a blog! and we
can tell you are a very proud Mama. I love it.
Look forward to what you have to share.
Nancy N

Lori said...

Cheryl, your children sound amazing...i think it is just awesome that your son goes shopping with you in search of arting goodies...that would never ever happen over here...LOL...my boys have no interest whatsoever in going to those sorts of places!!!

RosesRadishesandRubbish said...

Cheryl,

So glad to get your email!:) AND even better that you started a blog! I treasure and still think back on last year when I finally got to meet you and your hubby! Congrats to Callie on her marriage. She is a beautiful bride and you can tell from the pic she is artisitc and I LOVE her dress. So glad you have your "buddy" Wyatt with you. THey grow up so fast. And of course you know How amazing I think you are.....I am currently redoing my bathroom using the pieces I have of yours as a focal point. Lotsa hugs, Amy

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray!!!! Welcome to blogland Cheryl!!! We have been waiting!!!!!! :)

Oh I am so so excited!!!

Your work grows more amazing by the day! It truly makes my heart happy!!!

Best Wishes!!
Happy Happy New Year!!
xoxo Jenny

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

ps...I am SO SO HONORED to be on your blogroll!!! Too cool!!

LOVE YA!
xoxo Jenny

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Welcome to blogland! Your art is wonderful loved hearing about your children.

LiLi M. said...

Hi, I'm here because Lori has a blogpost about you. Welcome in blogland and nice to meet you. Your first post is very promising, I like your art. Your second post is promising too, you have beautiful children! I think children are most important in our lives, especially when they are as talented and beautiful as yours and mine ;-). Have fun in blogland!

Diane Mars said...

Hello, Lori asked that we drop on by and pay you a visit, welcome your Creations look wonderful. You are bookmarked in my favs.

Lola Enchanted said...

Hello there! I'm new to your blog and think I'll stay awhile!!! You are very blessed to have such creative wonderful children!

Take care~

Elyse said...

welcome to blogland! your children look like very cool people (just like their mom)! enjoy

Fete et Fleur said...

Welcome to blogland! What a wonderful mother you are. Your children are blessed. I found you through Lori. Your artwork is lovely!!

Nancy

roseroomnz.com said...

Hello, welcome to Blogland. I came via Lori. Your work is incredible as are you children! Have fun - Rachael

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Cheryl!! Welcome to this wonderful land of Blog! I'm so very glad that you decided to do this....your work is an inspiration to so many of us ~ what a precious post about your children, you can tell they are your heart! I'm so glad you're here, xxoo, Dawn