small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Sunday, June 14, 2009

vacation

We had such a wonderful time on our trip to Chattanooga. The weather was great and luckily we went early in the tourist season and had almost all the attractions to ourselves with no lines or crowds. I thought i would share some of my favorite images that I took photos of.... To start out is Lover's Leap atop Lookout Mountain at Rock City which is actually in Georgia. This is the view from the top where on a clear day you can see 7 different states.

Here is the stunning water fall.



And another view from the top of Chattanooga and the winding river.



This is the waterfall inside of Ruby Falls Cavern that is lit up with a display of colored lights.



We took a paddle boat ride and here is 2 buildings that hold the Tennessee Auquarium and the steps leading down to the waterfront.


Inside the aquarium my favorite sea horses...


my favorite son....


and his favorites.....the jelly fish

Next stop is the Chattanooga Zoo where I met this beautiful peacock



Wyatt in front of the train


The view from atop the Incline Railway car that goes up the side of Lookout Mountain at a 72 degree angle, not my favorite part of the trip but the guys loved it!



Inside another cavern at Raccoon Mountain where brave people could take a tour crawling thru the cavern in its many tiny openings, not for the faint of heart like me!

All in all it was a wonderful experience and we so enjoyed our stay!















8 comments:

Lori said...

it looks so pretty there Cheryl!!! i hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation...your pictures are wonderful...love that peacock!!!

QueenBe said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience. I have never been to Chattanooga but I know other parts of Tenn. are breathtaking. So glad you had such a good time.. I'm sure your son will never forget it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home.Thank you for the wonderful pictures.What a beautiful state!

Tina said...

It looks like you had a great vacation. Those photos are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Tina x

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Cheryl! What a fabulous vacation! Thanks so much for taking us along with you....love these pictures....this is someplace I have never been! Take care, Laura

The Rustic Victorian said...

Isn't Rock City fun. We have been there and I highly reccomend it to anyone. I still have to go the aquarium, I understand it is a good one.
I am glad you shared your family photos!
Happy Summer!
Marcie

. said...

O I can't wait for vacation. Your pictures put me in the mood...thank you!!

lindaharre said...

Looks like you had a ball!!!! We are leaving tomorrow morning for Paducah (hope I spelled that correctly...LOL) My sis and her husband are going with us:) Guys will play golf and San and I go to the quilt shops, museum and the artist community! Can't wait.....hope I have as much fun as you guys had:)