small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Monday, June 22, 2009

flea market treasures

On Saturday my son and I drove to Northwest Ohio to check out a flea market. For me it was a treasure trove of the things I love the most, old photos and tins! I can't wait to start creating with everything. This wonderful old photo album was filled with cabinet cards, cdv's and tintypes.






These tins and metal jar tops will be turned into a variety of small assemblages.




These photos were found at various different booths



Some rusty odds and ends, there can never be too much rust for me!!










9 comments:

said...

Cheryl, you really hit the jackpot. Everything you brought back from your outing will be turned to magic!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Cheryl! What a bunch of fabulous junque! Wow....you really found some treasure and I can't wait to see what you create from this haul! It is so nice that your son likes to go with you and is interested in similar things....I can tell you are close!
Take care, Laura

Tina said...

Oh - those finds are Sooooo great. I love those old photos and the tins too. Fantastic
Tina

Diana Cohen said...

Wow!!!! My photo album was empty. What a GREAT find!!!!

terry said...

WHERE WAS THAT FLEA MARKET? I LIVE WEST OF CLEVELAND AND WOULD LOVE TO FIND NEW TREASURES. THANKS, TERRY

cheryl kuhn said...

it was at the Seneca County Fairgrounds in Tiffin which is not to far from Findlay. The flea market is once a month. Wish it was more often!

Kathy said...

Oh you hit the mother load, lovely stuff!

Carole said...

Wonder finds. As great as they are now...in your hands they will be even better.

Lori said...

oh, wow!!! that flea market was right up your alley...LOVE the album, what a great find!!!