small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The newest addition


This weekend my hubby found a wonderful old glider to add to our porch. I love the rust on it and washed it down and will just add a clear coat to protect it and leave it in all it's rusty glory! A few pillows and maybe an old quilt will finish it off. We hope to have the porch finished up soon as well as the restoration of the other glider, I can't wait!

7 comments:

Lori said...

oh, yes...it definitely needs to stay rusty...what a great color it is too!!!

said...

It's fabulous!

Tina said...

Ohh - I love that - so beautiful and the colors are perfect.

Debby said...

WOW!!! This is awesome.
Debby

lindaharre said...

Lovin the glider......yea for rust!!!!!

cecie said...

What a Rad Glider!

Gypsy Chix said...

I love it!!! I just found an old glider for my front porch too, and have debated to seal it or paint it. Stop bye and take a look.
amy