small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Inspiration - Joseph Cornell











I am an art fanatic and my secret ambition was to teach art history. I love all mediums and forms of art. The one artist that inspired me to start creating assemblages was the great Joseph Cornell. He was one of the first artists to create assemblages in boxes. His creations were simple yet complex and I envy anyone that actually owns a piece of his work. I thought I would share some of his amazing talent.

9 comments:

Lori said...

amazing...easy to see why you are inspired...these are truly wonderful!!!

Jamie said...

Joseph Cornell is my favorite artist EVER!!! I love every piece he created. Love, Jamie

said...

Thank you for introducing me to this tremendous talent!

The Painted Nest said...

I love the parrot!!!His work is just amazing!!!Been a big fan for years!!Nice to meet someone with the same taste!!!!~~~Blessings,Deborah

Beth Leintz said...

I love the work of Cornell, too. It's like he's the original and still the best. Have you read Utopia Parkway, a biography of Joseph Cornell? Really interesting details of how he collected and sorted his materials, and how he painstakingly put together his art. And the name came from the street he lived on- Utopia Parkway.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Joseph Cornell is indeed an amazing talent....have read his biography and admired his work...a true creative genius.

Carole said...

Hi Cheryl,
Found you thru my friend Laura( 52 flea) I love your work and have seen it on Earth Angels before. I love all the neutral colors you use.

I had never heard of Joseph Cornell until they did a book of his work. He's really amazing!
Have a great vacation with your family.
See ya soon,
Carole

Ticking stripes said...

Loving Joseph Cornell and your blog too! Amzing work!

Anonymous said...

Joseph Cornell is amazing.... SUCH A talent!