small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Thursday, April 16, 2009

A new porch







Thank goodness the rain has left and we can get back to working on our new front porch! My hubby has been working so hard on building our new porch so I thought I would post some pics of his work in progress. He just started putting a coat of white primer on when the lousy weather hit... I can't wait to see it painted and to find some wonderful furniture to put out there. I would love to have either a porch swing or an old metal glider.....hopefully I can find one on my flea market travels!!!

4 comments:

RosesRadishesandRubbish said...

Cheryl,

What a talented hubby you have!:) Can't wait to see how you decorate it. I love porch swings too. I am sure you will find something just perfect. Hugs, Amy

Tina said...

Your new front porch looks wonderful Cheryl.
I bet it´s going to be a cosy place when you have it furnished and decorated.
Tina xx

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Cheryl, There's nothing like a front porch....to sit and chat....watch the world go by...yours looks like it will be so inviting....I am sure you will enjoy it for many years to come! Have a great weekend...
Be well, Laura

Anonymous said...

Love your front porch. It sure makes your home look inviting.Love the woodwork!
Hope you find your perfect porch swing or glider. You know the trick is to not be looking for something...then you find it!