small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Monday, July 6, 2009

Antiquing finds

My mom, son and I went out this weekend and did some serious antiquing so that I can get ready for the Country Living Show in Sept. Here are some of the wonderful items I found to create with! This box of hardware has the most beautiful shade or robin's egg blue paint on it!!
Some sweet aged lace


Odds and ends




Some great cigar boxes and neat boxes with cats on it to use for Halloween pieces



A couple of great wood boxes and architectural pieces







6 comments:

Tina said...

Oh - what great finds. I love those old photos and the lace and the boxes too. Fantastic. Can´t wait to see what you create with it. I just love that color of Robin Eggs blue too.
Tina

Lori said...

oh, you really hit the jackpot Cheryl...the photos are wonderful...LOVE the dress on the lady bottom right, i can't wait to see what you do with her...gorgeous laces too, and it looks like you found a lot of yardage...

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Fabulous Finds! I cannot wait to see what your imagination brings forth in your next creations with these goodies!

said...

You certainly have an eye for finding the lovelies!

RosesRadishesandRubbish said...

Hi Cheryl:)

I have been TERRIBLE at posting lately. OH, I LOVE your finds and can't wait to see what you do with them. Those hinges alook so neat all together...Looks like you had a fun and successful forage! lotsa hugs, Amy

cecie said...

Scrumptious finds you have there! Colors and textures galore, oh my! I just love that blue also. Can't wait to see what you create. Just received my latest piece of yours and I am thrilled with it! Looking forward to more in the future...