small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Friday, October 16, 2009

Birthday Wishes


14 years ago today my baby boy was born. So today I wanted to wish him a very special Happy Birthday.
Whenever I read part of the poem Life Sculpture by William Doane, I always think of my son Wyatt so I thought I would share those words:



Chisel in hand stood a sculptor boy
With his marble block before him,
And his eyes lit up with a smile of joy,
As an angel-dream passed o'er him.

He carved the dream on that shapeless stone,
With many a sharl incision:
With heaven's own light the sculpture shone -
He'd caught that angel-vision.


Happy Birthday Wyatt!

4 comments:

Sea Witch said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Wyatt. Sea Witch

Lori said...

i hope Wyatt had a wonderful birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!!
I know that your Mom loves you very much.
I wish you the best of birthday wishes for this year!

lindaharre said...

Hope your Birthday was full of FUN!!!!