small stories studio

" In contemplation of created things, by steps we may ascend to Heaven."



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wooden boxes

I just love old wooden boxes, doesn't matter the size or the condition, they are my favorite place to start an assemblage with. I got out my stash of favorite boxes and got to work!



This is an old drawer and a great size to use this wonderful larger photo in, I wish I had that beautiful long, dark hair.


This was an old telephone box that had been painted silver at one point. I loved the depth of it and had such fun creating this piece!







This old cream white box had made me so excited when I found it, I just loved the aged patina of the wood so I added one of my favorite photos to it, a perfect match, I think!



This old drawer is so sturdy and heavy that I tried to balance it out with the delicate little girl and her butterfly.




This old box worked perfectly with the rusty old oil can which I found still had oil in it when I saw the spot of the floor of my car! I finally drained it and got it dried out and love it so much as a base for this piece.



This little angel has found a perfect home for herself in this wonderful aged paper covered box.




This was the lid from the old telephone box so I could not let it go to waste!!




and finally 2 more fabric hearts made just because I so love working with fabric and needle!





to see close-ups of these pieces just stop by here.











11 comments:

Jem said...

These are just dreamy Cheryl, so beautiful to look at and so inspiring. I can't imagine ever getting bored of your work - everything is so unique! The old telephone box really captures my imagination :-)

Jem xXx

Anji Johnston said...

These a re so very unique! Your imagination is beyond belief! I would give my right arm to have just a tiny bit of your talent Cheryl - thank you for always inspiring me.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Cheryl! Gorgeous creations, as always!!
Michelle

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

YOUR WORK IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! AND YOUR STASH OF JUNK IS REMARKABLE! THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TALENT WITH US BLOGGERS.

mary pernula said...

I love the old telephone box the best........Hugs Mary

Tina said...

Wonderful creations Cheryl - I love how you incorporate the rusty pieces in your art. Awesome
xo Tina

north pal said...

she's back,she's back!!!!!!i just love it when you return to show us your new art work. THANX! Bestest,Denise

Unknown said...

I am in love....Great stuff...gotta have one of your pieces. Thanx for sharing. Tiff thecrankyqueen.blogspot.com Check me out!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!Beautiful artwork!

Guriana said...

Hi Cheryl:)

I found you today and I'm very very happy..like soul kindret spirit:))
I love you using wood, paper and rust!!:))
xox
Guriana:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. So perfectly balanced and detailed. And just one after another! Productive! Great work.